Janome DC1050 Review
Janome DC1050 Review
The Janome DC1050 is an affordable yet fully computerized sewing machine that is purpose built for users of any skill level to sew all of their basic in-home projects. By including 50 built-in stitches and 3 one step buttonholes, this model covers the majority of typical projects you would need to finish. The LCD screen also speeds up navigation and really allows you to alter such settings as stitch length and width. Usability is a big reason why the DC1050 is as popular as it is today.
One of the best features of this machine is the easy to use ‘start/stop’ function. This lets you quickly pause your sewing without use of the foot control. There are many times when you start to sew or embroider and you need to quickly stop what you are doing for an adjustment, and the DC1050 makes this very seemless. It can be distracting reaching for the foot pedal at times, especially if you have both hands on the garment and only need to stop for a second. Janome thought about this when they designed this model and from reading reviews on it their customers really appreciate it.
- 50 built-in stitches with 3 one-step buttonholes
- Built-in needle up/down control as well as auto lock feature
- Backlit LCD screen with several quick selection buttons
- Easy reverse button makes it seemless to back things out
- Manual tension control and speed control slider provide more control during use
- Adjustable stitch length (5mm max) and width (7mm max)
- 7 piece feed dog and drop feed dog
- Auto-declutch winder for the bobbin
The Janome DC1050 sure acts like one of the more expensive sewing machines but it definitely isn’t one. On the contrary it is quite affordable and still possesses a lot of ability to sew what you need to, when you need to, in the comfort of your home. The overall user experience is terrific with the easy to use LCD screen and many one-touch adjustments. The 50 built in stitch selections are adequate and you can quickly adjust the length and width depending on your needs. Overall there isn’t a lot to complain about which is evident by the vast majority of positive consumer reviews.