Bernina 8 Series Sewing Machines
The ultra-modern Bernina 820 and 830 were designed with one purpose: to be the best home sewing machines in this competitive class. While they have different purposes, both will help you quilt or sew the projects you need without over complicated machine setup. Here is a quick rundown of both models.
The 820 is called their luxury, high performance machine suitable to a wide variety of quilting and sewing tasks. You have the flexibility to create bigger quilts in a faster time than you ever imagined. This is possible with a blazing 1,100 stitches per minute which makes it one of the fastest home machines you can buy today. Here are some of the other features that make the 820 so popular today.
- Bernina Stitch Regulator gives you free motion sewing
- 12 inch extended arm, 12.8 inch diagonal space, 5 inch height saves you a lot of room to accomplish what you need
- Pop out jumbo sized bobbin gives you approximately 40% more sewing capacity than other comparable models
- Bernina Dual Feed will give you great control of all your quilts
- Presser foot height adjustment further helps you quilt like a pro
The 830 model is another top quality sewing and embroidery machine in their lineup. It really gives you terrific speed to help you complete your projects faster without taking up a lot of space in your home. The engineers at Bernina really went out of their way to build a machine that was easy to use yet quite capable in the expert’s hands. Here is a rundown of the main features of this popular 8 series model.
- 15 inch extended arm with extra height gives you a lot of space
- Another fast rating for a machine at 1,100 stitches per minute
- 7 inch touchscreen has vivid colors and a lot of detail
- Drag and drop various embroidery designs on the screen with ease
- Multiple spool holder will keep your small, medium, and large cones ready at all times
- Gives you complete stitch control with 360 degree, multi directional sewing